Protect Your Home From Water Damage
Even in Texas, moisture in and around your basement can pose a serious risk to your home. Sudden rainstorms, broken sprinklers, and other unexpected incidents can lead to excess water accumulating around the base of your property. For such homeowners, a sump pump is vital. Sump pumps work to stop flooding and decrease the amount of severe damage excess water can cause.
At S & D Plumbing, our professional team can assist you with sump pump repair & replacement in Austin and throughout the nearby areas. Thanks to extensive training and experience, our plumbers can provide you with precise, thorough services, every time. We pride ourselves in offering high-quality, professional plumbing services at a reasonable cost.
Need sump pump repair or installation in Austin? Call us at (512) 359-9934 to schedule a service with our team!
What Are Sump Pumps & Why Are They Necessary?
Even if your basement is not at risk of flooding, excessive moisture can still be a problem, especially if your basement sits below the water table in your area. Dampness can lead to mold, mildew, and rot. A sump pump keeps your basement drier and prevents damage to your home and health.
What Are The Different Types of Sump Pumps?
Sump pumps range in cost, effectiveness, and visibility, so you can choose one that best fits your needs and basement layout.
Some of the different types of sump pumps and their advantages include:
- Pedestal sump pumps — The least expensive type, pedestal sump pumps sit above the ground on a pedestal, making it fully visible. The cheaper cost and easier installation are countered somewhat by reduced efficiency. Pedestal sump pumps work best for less-serious moisture issues and may need to be replaced sooner than other types.
- Submersible sump pumps — The most permanent option, submersible sump pumps have a fully sealed motor to prevent water damage and reduce the need for replacement. This type is quieter than pedestal options, works with larger basins, and has a longer operating life. It is less visible, making it an ideal option for finished basements that are used frequently.
- Sewage sump pumps — Sewage sump pumps are a specialty type of pump for homes that have sewage lines below the main line for your area. The pump helps remove the sewage from your bathrooms and kitchen since gravity alone is not enough to push it to the main line.
- Backup sump pumps — Backup pumps can be used in conjunction with other types of sump pump to offer homeowners greater peace of mind should their primary system fail. Backup sump pumps run on battery power or with force from the municipal water supply to ensure that they can operate even when the power goes out.
When Does A Sump Pump Need Repairs?
As with all machines that contain moving parts, sump pumps can have issues that prevent proper function. When your sump pump fails, it’s important to have a professional carry out repairs as soon as possible so that you’re not left dealing with flooding after the next storm.
Some of the most common problems that require sump pump repair in Austin include:
- General power failure
- The switch becomes stuck
- Insufficient pumps for your needs
- Improper initial installation
- Normal wear and tear over time
- Pipe blockage caused by frozen water
If you notice any signs that your sump pump needs repairs, contact S & D Plumbing. Our team offers top-quality services at affordable rates. We can even provide sump pump replacement and installation services when required. We will keep your home clean throughout our work, wearing shoe coverings and keeping our workspace tidy.