back to blog

A Quick Guide To Water Heater Efficiency

Today, we’ll be covering an important topic: water heater efficiency. For tank-type water heaters that use natural gas, the standard efficiency is about 60%. This means that only 60% of the gas that is burned will play a direct role in heating the water within a tank. The other 40% will escape out of the flue. As a water heater ages, though, the percentage of gas that escapes will begin to increase, causing the heater’s efficiency to decrease.

greensky financing
Greensky Logo WE OFFER FINANCING We have partnered
with GreenSky®
Learn More
form photo form photo1
Contact Us Today

Contact Us Today

3 S&D plumbing dog mascots. Hank, Lucy, and Maggie 3 S&D plumbing dog mascots. Hank, Lucy, and Maggie Family-owned & operated is how we roll, Mascots included!

Trust our experts to provide the cost-effective plumbing solutions you need — always backed by a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee!

How We Work 3 Simple Steps To Peace Of Mind
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT Schedule an appointment with one of our licensed plumbers
PRICING OPTIONS Our expert plumber will diagnose your issue and provide upfront pricing and multiple service options
thumbs up
EXPERT SERVICE Sit back and relax as we save the day and deliver renewed confidence in your home
line line