Burst & Frozen Pipe Repair in Austin, TX
When temperatures suddenly drop in the Austin area, your home may be vulnerable to frozen or burst pipes, leaving you with no water in your house. For fast and professional pipe repair, trust the team at S & D Plumbing.
Our licensed and insured plumbers have the experience and skills to handle even the most complex pipe repair with same-day service available so you aren’t stuck without access to water. With our upfront pricing, there’s never a surprise when you pay your bill, and with no overtime charges, you know you’re getting unmatched service at a great value.
What Causes Burst Pipes?
A burst pipe is considered a plumbing emergency. It leaves your property in danger of serious water damage and often requires you to go without water access in order to be fixed.
To help prevent these issues, it’s important to understand what can cause your pipes to burst. This includes:
- Freezing: When the water in your pipes freezes, pressure around it begins to build, resulting in a burst.
- Tree roots: Invasive tree roots that grow in your yard can put pressure on your pipes, causing them to crack, leak, and eventually burst.
- Rust and corrosion: As your pipes age, they may corrode and weaken, leading to cracks and ruptures.
- Clogs: Like frozen water, a clog causes pressure to build elsewhere in your pipes, which will cause them to burst.
- Hard water: Minerals like magnesium and calcium corrode and weaken pipes over time, making them more vulnerable.
- Shifting soil: Construction or landscaping can shift soil around your pipes and put excess pressure on them.
- Water pressure: If your home’s water pressure is above 80 PSI, it can put too much pressure on your pipes.
The Dangers of Burst or Frozen Pipes
Burst and frozen pipes are serious plumbing hazards that should be handled immediately. Without fast and efficient repairs, your home and property are in danger of significant water damage, flooding, mold growth, and more, and the longer you wait to schedule professional repairs, the more costly they’ll be.
That’s why at S & D Plumbing, we recommend calling as soon as you have a piping issue so one of our experts can help reduce the damage and perform the repairs you need.
Signs of a Broken Pipe
Since most of your pipes lie behind walls and under floors, they’re often out of sight, out of mind. However, even a minor break can cause serious damage if left unaddressed.
To ensure you handle piping issues promptly, always look out for signs of a broken pipe, which include:
- Fluctuating water pressure
- Dripping noises in your walls
- Poor water quality
- Mold growth
- Leaks under sinks
- Increased water bills
- Water stains on walls, floors, or ceilings
Schedule Expert Pipe Repair in Austin, TX
With over 40 years in the industry, family-owned and -operated S & D Plumbing has proudly provided exceptional plumbing services to the residents of Austin. As leak detection experts, we’re here to help you solve your burst or frozen pipe emergencies, and with our same-day services, we’ll restore your plumbing quickly so you can get life back to normal.
Our background-checked employees are known for their respectful customer service, and with our 100% satisfaction guarantee, we offer peace of mind that your plumbing problems will be resolved.