Gas Line Repair & Installation for Austin Homes
While natural gas is a great fuel source for cooking and heating your home, it does come with risks that should be taken seriously.
Never try to repair or replace your own gas line. Instead, trust the experienced professionals at S & D Plumbing.
We have the expertise, skills, and tools to safely install, repair, and replace gas lines throughout Austin, Taylor, Buda, Round Rock, and surrounding areas.
We offer same-day services, upfront pricing, and 100% customer satisfaction.
Gas Line Repair
Problems with your gas line are extremely dangerous and should be addressed immediately. If you suspect a gas leak or another problem with your gas line, leave the area immediately and call the fire department and then the gas company.
These are the most common signs that something is wrong with your gas line:
- Rotten, pungent smell: Although natural gas is odorless, a substance called mercaptan is added to create a sulfur smell for safety to alert you to a leak.
- Hissing sound: If your gas line has a crack or hole, you’ll probably be able to hear the hissing sound of gas leaving the pipe.
- Rust or corrosion: If your gas line’s piping comes into contact with moisture, it can corrode and weaken, causing a hazard with time. If you notice rust on your line, it needs to be inspected and possibly replaced.
- Dying flowers & plants: If your plants are dying despite giving them your best care, it may indicate a problem with your gas line.
- Unexplained health concerns: Headaches, dizziness, excessive drowsiness, or fatigue with no clear cause are all warning signs of overexposure to natural gas and shouldn’t be ignored.
- Sudden, dramatic increase in monthly bills: If your gas bill suddenly goes up without explanation, you may have a leak.
If you suspect a problem with your gas line, don’t ignore it. Carbon monoxide poisoning can be fatal. Leave your home immediately and call for help.
Gas Line Installation & Replacement
Our expert team is also available for all your gas line installation and replacement needs in Austin. This includes any type of gas line plumbing and gas appliance hookups. With our thorough and proper installation practices, you can have peace of mind that your gas line is effective and safe to use in your home.
Schedule Gas Line Service in Austin
S & D Plumbing is a family-owned and -operated company that has proudly served the Austin area since 1980. Our licensed and insured technicians are leak detection experts who can identify and address various plumbing issues.