Top 10 Reasons To Install A Garbage Disposal
Garbage disposal is an item that appliance pundits love to pick on.
Their pros and cons always seem to sprout like poppies in a vacant field. However, over the long haul, the pros win the battle.
Here are 10 reasons why you should consider installing a garbage disposal in your home or suggest to your landlord to have one installed in your condo or apartment rental in exchange for a year’s lease guarantee.
The Top 5 Reasons
- #1 – Convenience. A sink full of dishes and food makes the cleanup quicker and easier. Put dishes in the dishwasher, the garbage food tucked away in the disposal, run the cold water and turn on the switch.
- #2 – Less waste to the landfill. Think to recycle!
- #3 – A garbage disposal helps maintain the health of the piping in your homes. Those spinning blades can work wonders with waste.
- #4 – No more leftover waste in your kitchen garbage can that can rot and cause bad odors when you’re planning an evening dinner party.
- #5 – Quiet operation options. Newer disposals now come with options for super quiet grinding. No more bothering Uncle Fred sleeping in a room down the hall.
The Second Top 5 Reasons
- #6 – Environmental benefits for the city or town where you live. A garbage disposal helps trash dumps in limiting waste products and allowing a “greener” environment.
- #7 – Convenience for the cook. As long as you leave the disposal running and flush thoroughly with water afterward, it can handle any type of soft foodstuff.
- #8 – A garbage disposal is a quick and sanitary method of disposing of soft food scraps and a perfect setup for a cook who doesn’t have time to waste running back and forth.
- #9 – Garbage disposals are affordable with a large range of pricing.
- #10 – A plumber can install a disposal in your home in less than an hour.
Items You Don’t Put in a Garbage Disposal
Grease or oil, vegetable peelings, eggshells (yes, they can wreak havoc on blades), coffee grounds, any type of pits or seeds, small or large bones, anything in bulk, the garbage that’s paper or cigarette/cigar butts, uncooked rice or pasta, and any stringy vegetables – think: corn husks, celery, and certain types of lettuce.
Smelling a stink in the sink in your Austin home? That means you need garbage disposal, just Call S & D Plumbing and have an expert install one today!
Contact Us Today
Trust our experts to provide the cost-effective plumbing solutions you need — always backed by a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee!