Drain Cleaning Services in San Marcos, TX
Clogged drains are a common household problem that can escalate from a minor inconvenience to a major plumbing crisis if left unattended.
They’re caused when buildups of grease, hair, paper products, and other debris grow large enough to stop the flow of wastewater in the drain pipes. When you need to clean the pipes and restore proper flow to your drain and sewer systems, call S & D Plumbing.
Our company has over 40 years of professional plumbing experience, and we serve customers throughout the San Marcos area. We’re family-owned and -operated, and we feature top-of-the-line services with great customer reviews and a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Signs You Need Drain Cleaning
Although most clogged drains are caused by a gradual accumulation of grease, hair, toilet paper, and other debris in the pipes, they can also be caused by damaged or bellied pipes, foreign objects, or food waste.
To avoid major backups and damage to your home, call a professional as soon as you notice any of these signs that you may need drain cleaning:
- Slow drains or clogs: Drains can slow down as the accumulation of grease and debris increases.
- Unusual sounds: Gurgling or bubbling noises can indicate that water is not flowing freely.
- Unpleasant odors: Foul smells near your drains may indicate a clog forming.
- Clogged toilet: As waste collects in your drain pipes, your toilet may have problems flushing properly.
Do you have a drain clog or backup? Call S & D Plumbing today at site_info_phone_number] to schedule fast, professional drain cleaning in San Marcos or surrounding areas.
Tips To Prevent a Clogged Drain
Drain clogs can be a nuisance, but there are some effective ways to prevent them. Follow these tips to avoid unnecessary backups and service calls:
- Flush only waste and toilet paper down the toilet.
- Throw “flushable” wipes, baby wipes, hygiene products, and paper towels in the garbage.
- Install screens or baskets in sinks, tubs, and showers to catch hair and food particles.
- Instead of rinsing grease and oil down the drain, let it cool, then throw it away in the trash.
- Rinse the garbage disposal with water after each use and avoid grinding stringy, hard, or starchy foods.
Our Professional Drain Cleaning Services
Although DIY methods like plunging can work to clear some clogs, if the problem is more severe, you should call an expert. Pipe snakes or drain cleaning chemicals can harm your pipes if used incorrectly, so it’s best to skip these methods and schedule professional drain cleaning services.
At S & D Plumbing, we use power augurs or hydro jetting to clear even the toughest clogs without damaging your pipes. We also offer pipe camera inspections to verify the cause of the problem and provide the best repair options.
Schedule Drain Cleaning in San Marcos
When you need a skilled plumber to remove clogs and properly clean your drains in the San Marcos area, trust S & D Plumbing. Since 1980, we’ve provided Texas homeowners with exceptional plumbing, sewer, and drain services and are the area’s premier leak detection experts.
Our team receives weekly training updates and is committed to serving our community with industry-leading service and work.